I was in search of a tastier alternative for boiled chicken. Most of the body building sites suggest American/European recipes for cooking chicken and I find it a bit too bland for my Indian taste buds. so I tried this experiment that turned out a success. I am a bodybuilder and recipes like this will help me consume the protein sans the fats.
I also shared this recipe on halfhourmeals.com thru my phone.
Here’s the link. http://www.halfhourmeals.com/recipe/low-fat-microwave-chicken
- 1/2 Chicken (about 500 gms.)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Red chilly powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam masala (curry powder)
- 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
- Mix all the spices (feel free to vary the proportion as per taste.)
- Marinate chicken using the spice mix.
- Make a couple of small incisions on the chicken and keep aside for 20 minutes
- Transfer the chicken into a microwave safe dish with cover
- Microwave at 60% power for 6-7 mins (I googled this part. Basically it is good to microwave for 6 minutes @60% for every 1/2 kg chicken)
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and toss the cooked chicken along with the juices
- Cook with lid on the pan, till desired level of brownness is reached
Enjoy with tomato ketchup and salad.
Please try it and share your experiences.