Recently I read on Chris Lopez’s fitandbusydad blog about his life list. While commenting on the post, I got this idea that it would be great to actually give some thought to this and come up with my own list of stuff to do before I die. And while I have been thinking more and more about it, I realize that it is actually a great thing to do. There are so many things that we desire to do, but don’t get around doing simply because we forget about them (…now that’s dumb). And another good thing about the list is that stuff can be added on to it, as we go. And I keep revisiting this list from time to time, not only to check off the stuff that I have done, but to keep reminding myself of all the glorious stuff that still needs to get done 🙂
So without much ado, here’s my list (in no particular order – Updated 30-July-2014):
- Drive a Mercedes Benz S-Class Before my 40th Birthday.
Own an apartment. DONE! Take my family on an fully paid international vacation.DONE! August 2011, Singapore (Repeat in Nov. 2013!!)
- Take my family to vacation on a cruise liner.
- Develop 6-pack abs and keep them for at-least 6-weeks (tough one for a foodie like myself 🙂 ) – WIP. Lost 11kgs. and counting. As of March 2015.
Build my own Entertainment center complete with 40 inch screen, Bose Sound System and a gaming console.Done! July-August 2014. Sony 48″Screen (Smart TV); Polk Audio Speakers and a Yamaha HTR-3066 AV receiver (really cool stuff). Gaming Console is pending as I am waiting on my toddler to grow up some more 🙂
- Get around to taking an annual medical checkup (again make it a family affair). Done! Ok. Still not got around to get my whole family do it, but am working on that part too.
- Eat a “salad only” dinner on Mon-Wed-Friday. Done!
- Strengthen family bonds (at least do my part) — WIP.
Work to live, not live to work.Done. As of February 2019, Indont hold a corporate job and have become a full time freelance musician. Semi-retired. Start my own business. Done. http://www.taalmagic.com started in Jan-Feb2019. Buy a 2nd home.Done. Have my own little Bar, at home.Done! Revive my interest in music (instrumental/vocal).Done! Began learning to play the Guitar this month (June, 2010).
What’s on your list? Share it here, if you like 🙂
Do Share Your fantastic thoughts with me, by leaving a comment.