Quite a heartburn because I am officially registered with the National Do Not Call Registry, as far back as August 2007. I do admit that the number of unsolicited phone calls has reduced drastically, but it certainly had resulted in an onslaught of sms.
Here’s what you can do:
1. Call 1909 (toll free) from your cellphone, to check your dnd registration status.
2. Follow the IVR menu to choose your options.
3. To register a complaint, you need to tell them the sender id, from where you are getting these sms messages, and they will take your complaint.
4. Your complaint number will come to you as an sms (arrgh! not again.)
5. You can call 12115 for the status of your complaints.
Some of the senders from whom, I received junk sms, are as under:
If you found this useful, then kindly bookmark this on del.icio.us and/or digg