While surfing a page which I got from the DLM Blog (Dumb-Little-men – http://dumblittleman.blogspot.com/2006/10/7-things-know-about-beginning-running.html), I clicked on one of the related links and landed on an interesting piece on weight loss, the jist of which is as under (visit the site for detailed description of each point):
1. Write down all the things you eat on a typical day
2. Go over the list and decide which things you don’t want to have in your diet anymore.
3. Go shopping! No, not clothes shopping, food shopping!
4. For lunches, buy whole-meal bread to have with light tuna and salad.
5. Snack on low-calorie, high fiber snacks during the day.
6. Join the gym.
7. Rest properly.
8. Drink water. It’s a cliché, but it works
9. Get more fiber.
10. After losing your intended amount of weight, don’t let up!
11. Take the advice of top cardiologists and walk vigorously for 40 minutes per day.
12. Dont eat after 6pm as you often won’t be able to burn off your dinner.
13. Drink water when you think you’re hungry and it will make the feeling go away, keep yourself distracted to stop you snacking when you’re bored.